How Do I Make Google Chrome My Default Browser
How do I make google chrome my default browser – To make Google Chrome the default browser in your system, you can follow these steps:
Step 1 – First download Google Chrome then install it.
If you have not already downloaded Google Chrome, download and install it from the official website (https://www.google.com/chrome).
Step 2 – Open Chrome Settings on your computer.
Open Google Chrome by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or searching for it in your computer’s applications.
Once Chrome is open, click on the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner of the browser window. Then open Settings from the drop-down menu.
Step 3 – Once the setting option of the default browser is open.
Scroll down in the Chrome Settings option until you find the Default browser option.
Alternatively, you can search your computer directly to locate the default browser.
Read more: How To Change Battery In Chevy Key Fob
Step 4 – Set Chrome as the default browser in Settings.
Make default is the name of the button in the Default browser section. Set Google Chrome as your default browser by clicking this button.
Step 5 – Confirm the default browser change.
Depending on your operating system, you may be asked to confirm the change and verify whether you want to set Chrome as your default browser.
Then follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the change.
Step 6 – Check the status of the default browser change.
After completing the previous steps, you can verify whether Google Chrome is set as the default browser or not.
You can try closing and reopening Google Chrome to see if it opens in Google Chrome when you click a web link from another application.
Read more: How To Stream Switch on Discord
Step 7 – Alternative Ways to Make Google Chrome My Default Browser
If the previous steps didn’t work or you’d like to set it up in a different way, here are alternative ways to set Google Chrome as the default browser on various operating systems:
For Windows Operating System:
- In Windows, press Windows Key + I to open the Settings option.
- Go to the default apps based on your Windows version.
- Scroll down and click on the button for Default apps.
- Click on the currently set as default browser icon (ex. Microsoft Edge) in the Web browser section.
- A list of all available browsers will appear. From that make Google Chrome as default.
Read more: How To Turn On UBOTIE Keyboard
For Mac operating system:
- Click the Apple menu in the top-left corner of the Mac screen and choose System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click General.
- Below the General settings, you will find the option of Default web browser.
- Click on the browser name that is currently set as the default.
- A list of all available browsers will appear. Select Google Chrome from it and set it as the default browser.
My favourite default browser is Google Chrome because it opens links fast and displays web pages exactly as they are designed.
When you open any URL and your URLs open in another browser. Then we get irritated, so to avoid this, you can make Google Chrome your default browser by following the steps given above and enjoy browsing comfortably.
Please share your thoughts about your favorite default browser with us in the comments section below.
Read more: How to Add Someone to a Group Text Android