The PayPal Debit MasterCard works like any regular debit card except that it links to your PayPal business account instead of your bank account. This PayPal business debit card is different from a PayPal credit card and PayPal prepaid MasterCard, but it can be used anywhere that accepts MasterCard. With this debit card, you can access your funds via an ATM or use your debit card for purchases.
How to Get PayPal Debit Card
The primary PayPal debit card requirement is that you must be a PayPal member in good standing with either a PayPal business account or a personal account through which you’ve received at least $500 within the last year.
Additionally, to apply for a PayPal business debit account, you must provide your Social Security number and date of birth, and you must have a physical street address. You can confirm your address in one of the following ways:
- By linking a credit card to your PayPal account that receives a monthly statement at the address
- Applying for a PayPal card that confirms your address
- By completing the PayPal location confirmation process
Apply for a PayPal business debit MasterCard on the PayPal website by following these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to the PayPal business debit MasterCard application page.
- Provide your full name, date of birth, Social Security number, mailing address, and phone number.
- Review the information, then click on “Agree and Continue” to complete your request.
If you’re approved, PayPal will immediately notify you, and you’ll receive your card in about seven to 10 business days. If you’re denied, you can reapply after 30 days.
Read Also: How to Add Someone to a Group Text Android
How to Apply for a PayPal Account If You Don’t Have One
If you don’t already have a PayPal account, you can sign up for one to apply for a PayPal debit card. Follow these steps to get a PayPal account that you can link to a PayPal debit card:
- Go to the PayPal website and click “Sign Up for Free.”
- Choose to create either a personal or business account, then click “Next.”
- Provide your email address, create a password, and click “Next.”
- Provide your personal information; click “Agree” and “Create Account.”
After you meet these requirements for a PayPal business debit card, you can apply for one online.
PayPal Debit Card Pros and Cons
It comes with helpful features similar to those of bank debit cards. To help you decide if a PayPal business debit card is right for your financial needs, check out these pros and cons.
In addition to providing you instant access to the money in your U.S. PayPal account, the debit card doesn’t charge a fee and offers some appealing benefits. With a PayPal business debit card, you can:
- Withdraw funds from your account or check your balance at any Cirrus or Maestro ATM.
- Use your card wherever you see the MasterCard logo.
- Sign up to earn 1 percent cashback on your purchases.
- Receive protection against unauthorized payments with the MasterCard Zero Liability program.
Before you commit to this debit card, you should also understand the limitations that come with it. Here are some of the negative aspects that might make the Paypal business debit card less desirable to you:
- The standard daily limit for ATM withdrawals, cash advances, and money transfers is $400, and the standard daily limit for purchases is $3,000.
- Domestic ATM withdrawals cost $1.50 each, plus whatever the ATM owner charges.
- International ATM withdrawals cost $1.50 each, even if the transaction doesn’t require a currency conversion.
- An over-the-counter withdrawal will cost you $3 if a signature is required to get cash.
- You’ll pay a foreign transaction fee of 1 percent of your purchase amount from a merchant and 1 percent of the withdrawal amount if you use an ATM.
PayPal does allow you to add a card to the account at no additional cost; however, you are liable for all transactions. Additionally, there is no minimum balance requirement to get the card.